Tuesday, April 19, 2005

About "Japanese Men" written by Sijing

I think Sijing, my friend who is doing internship in Japan described well about Japanese men. In Japan all wokers HAVE TO wear suits. (As for women, have to wear suits AND have to MAKE UP.) I also think my guy friends in suits look nice, but not "salary man", or office worker. Some of them still look nice, but most of them are... too tired for working. Sometimes, they looks pity for me, especially, middle aged men who working too hard for their company and family, they had no time to look after their family. But for their family, they go away from him since he is always not with them and never look after them. In some of Japanese newspaper, those middle aged men who ignored by family are described as "bulky refuse" or 粗大ゴミ. Actually, Japanese men/fathers are working so hard for their family, but their family dun think only working is not enough for them as FATHER. How pity they are.
Maybe... so is my father. We dun ignor him, but he is always kept away from other family members. I talk with him only when he speaks to me. It doesnt mean that I dun like him, but I just dun know how to or what to talk with him, because I didnt talk so much with him for long long time. I cannot remember when is the last time I talked to him well... Why so? Hum... Both of my parents are working so I was took care by my mother side grand-ma when I was a child. During weekday, they go out before 7am in the morning and come back very late at night; as Sijing mentioned, it is normal to have overtime working. Even for my mum used to came back about 8pm, my father... he used to came back very late like 11pm. When I was a child i wanted them to play with me but they are too tired. Sometimes I asked my father to let us bring somewhere for Sunday, but he kept saying "next time" and the "next time" never came, So I just stoped asking him to bring us out. When I was in secondary school I didnt like both of my parents especially my father because they never listen to me when I need their help. I could accept my mum easier than my father, she is doing her own job AND tried to do housework as well. But for my father he never help her even though both of them working same amount. I thought and still think it is not fair for her.

Sijing mentioned about a bit about japanese women. She wrote, "Japanese women are really beautiful! I am saying this in an affirmative tone. Really! Pretty women are seen everywhere. The way they dress, IN FACT, look like models in fashion magazines. No other women in the world can beat Japanese women in dressing-up. I always wonder how they can make their hairstyle and makeup so great everyday that it seems like they just came out of a beauty salon." Hum... Japanese women are so beautiful? I have no idea about that part. There are some beautiful women but not so many I think. I agree that most of Japanese women wear nice clothes and make up well. They are good at decorating themselves. Ah~ but not me! I cannot make my heir, dun like to make up and wear.. i think my clothes is still ok, but I dun waer like the models of fashion magazins. I waer the clothes that I like, but not the fashionable one. So this might be the reason why many people here cannot believe I am Japanese. :P

About the last topic, traditional way of thinking among Japanese men, sadly I think it is true that "it is quite common for Japanese women to quit their job and become a full-time housewife." I also talked a few of my guy friends, I was shoked one of them said he want his wife to quite job when he get married. I have never asked all of my guy friends about this topic, but I know most of them prefer their wife as a full-time housewife and few of them are happy with their wife working and earning money as much as they do, especially after they had a child. In Japan, men and women should be treated as equal BY LAW, but many companies prefer to employ men, moreover, they exert pressure on women to quit job when she gets married or gives birth, as well as her husband. There are some women who want to be a house wife, but some of women want to work as much as men do. So, many women dun wanna get married or have child in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home